Debbie's Points of Interest

Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello Sugar, Goodbye Regret

I want a vita-mix. So I can make this!
 Vegan Ricotta
It’s vegan ricotta cheese from YumUniverse, such an amazing website. It sounds like the perfect addition to veggie lasagna or a sweet treat with some fresh berries. It doesn’t actually need a vita-mix to make it but I think my life would be infinitely better with a blender of that caliber and quality.
In other news, giving up sugar was a great experiment but I’m glad I came to my senses and ended that journey before the 30 day goal. I already eliminated so many unhealthy things by going vegan. I live by the motto “just because it is vegan does not mean it is healthy…specifically if it is dessert” but I eat mainly healthy, unprocessed, often organic food and work out almost daily. So I will have my cake and eat it too because I’m staying active and a small treat occasionally will not negate all my hard work. Also I was a little frustrated that I could not have my beloved ketchup and that something with very few grams of sugar but with the sweet stuff still listed in the ingredients was off limits (especially when it’s Trader Joe’s Latin Style Black Bean Soup…that’s never OK).
I did gain something from the mini-resolution. My tea, oatmeal, and peanut butter are all things that I can enjoy sans sweetener. I add peanut butter to that list because I was shocked it was sweetened and after switching to an unsweetened variety, the brand I used to covet tastes awful with the extra ingredient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment